What is buffer app and how does it work for my social media accounts.With technology, the world has become a small village. Communication has become easier due to the invention of social network websites.
As person who uses social media to engage with others on a social and economic level, I find posting a heavy task I can longer bear with comfortably. Therefore, I started a journey looking for apps that can make my work easier. However, it has not been easy. In fact, at some point I thought I was stuck with manually updating posts on my social media sites until I came across BufferApp.
This app has made my life easier. Gone are the days when I had to spend a good chunk of my time visiting my social media profiles to make updates since Buffer does most of the work for me. The good thing is that most of these social networks are supported by this app so I don’t have to worry about identifying another app for each of the social network profiles I have Buffer
What is buffer?
In a nutshell, Buffer is an app that aids you in posting on social media sites on stipulated time slots. I have professional pages on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. But with Buffer, I can write several posts and allocate various time slots for each to be posted. What’s even better, I can share several feeds through my timeline with each being posted at specific times without overwhelming my following.
These features really impressed me, and I had to share.
- The time scheduler will have to be first. This feature allows you to put several posts in a stack in the buffer. Then set the times you want each of them posted and you are done.
- You can also use a number if your accounts on your buffer account. Let us say you have individual profiles on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn once you have a Buffer account, you can link each of them. Of course, this depends on the level you are on: Free or Awesome.
- A browser extension you can use for easier access as opposed to going to the Buffer website each time the need arises. If you are using Firefox, Chrome, and safari then you are good to go.
- You can also integrate the buffer app with other social media apps such as SocialBro.
- Buffer analytics allows to view your post stats in terms of the most likes posts, the number of clicks on particular links, and the posts that are scheduled to be posted.
I have not listed all the features but I listed the most outstanding ones. With the BufferApp you can enjoy numerous benefits.
Some of the pros include:
- You can save a lot of time for other productive things since the app can create posts that can last for a long time. Additionally, one post can be posted on a number of accounts at the same time, irrespective of the site you are using. As long as they are connected to your Buffer account.
- This app is affordable. You can access it in two levels: The free level and awesome level at $10.
- You can easily manage the number of posts that you send out. No need to flood your followers with lots of posts at a go
- With Awesome level allows you to attach 12 social media accounts to your Buffer app account
Are there cons?
Unfortunately there are some flaws I had to deal with. First is that BufferApp does not know priorities. It cannot distinguish between an urgent post from a non urgent one. Second, its analytics is limited in the information it gives. If you are interested in a detailed analysis, then another app is probably the best option. Otherwise, for post management, BufferApp has proven its worth.
What are the available packages?
You have two main packages to choose from: Individuals and teams & agencies. Under Individuals, you can select individual or awesome packages that are free and $10 respectively. On the other hand, there’s team agencies that comes in three different options of small, medium, and large which cost $99, $199, and $399 per month respectively. For more information about the individual packages, their pricing, and their current discounts, visit the official Bufferapp site.
Check out Buffer’s pricing plan.
Checkout this video to learn about scheduling through Buffer App
Source: Kimberly Ann Jimenez
Bufferapp needs some improvement when it comes to metrics even though it still works well for many users. It can work with most social networks as well as provide integration for those social media apps. For now, it is still a work in progress but it serves its purpose well.
Here are few more topics that you shouldn’t miss:
Musts before launching your Social Media Marketing Campaign
Rules that Make Part of Effective LinkedIn Marketing
Some Indirect Methods to Improve Rankings in Search Engines
Like this post? Don’t forget to share