Has Grammarly changed the way we proofread writings? This article has the answers.
English has become a global language but that does not mean everyone is comfortable with its use despite being the language of choice in most online content.
In the 21st century, good and quality contents dictate that grammar, punctuation, and spelling should be on point. However, manually proofreading your work or even hiring a person to work on it does not seem to work because you will is always miss something, and that is where Grammarly comes in.
I am a seeing-is-believing person, and that is how I came to discover Grammarly. Clicking grammar checker links that promised to make my content better and rake in more traffic. Not all the grammarly reviews could have prepared me for the way this software worked. That is why I am going to share my views on great piece of software.
Grammarly is more than your normal grammar and spelling checker. It has features that make it one of the best in the industry. However, you have to be on the premium package, otherwise, you will just have a free grammar checker with limited capabilities.
- Grammarly comes with grammar checker which generally checks and improves the grammar of the content you feed it with.
- It has grammarly plagiarism checker that checks the document for the percentage of uniqueness.
- Grammarly checks the spelling of your work to establish if they are at par with the English language.
- Another feature is that Grammarly proofreads the uploaded document.
- Apart from detecting errors, Grammarly makes suggestions you can use to replace the errors detected.
- Grammarly can rank the errors in any document so that you can see which of them is critical
- There are two grammar and spelling checker levels namely, normal and advanced.
- If you use Microsoft Office most of the time, there is the option of using a plug in for Microsoft Word and Outlook.
What are the benefits of using grammarly?
If skepticism is your initial reaction to how Grammarly can help your writing career or academics, I won’t blame you. I was guilty of that too, but before you skip and click another spell checker link, let me give you a rundown on what you will gain by using Grammarly.
- The accuracy of is unrivaled. There are numerous software in the market, but Grammarly has proven to be ahead of them with the percentage of accuracy it provides.
- You do not have to worry about plagiarism since Grammarly plagiarism checks the content before use.
- If there are errors, then no need to worry. Grammarly offers you the right suggestions once errors have been detected.
- When it comes to the price, you can choose from grammarly baseline offer and other discounted packages.
- If you are not always working on online platforms like WordPress, Grammarly has made it easy with the Microsoft plug-in. You can still use grammarly without visiting the webpage.
- When using Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites, you can still access Grammarly for a quality post and content.
- Wordiness is outdated. Grammarly identifies this and offers options and suggestions of corrections to make.
- At the end of the day, quality content is what we all strive for, and Grammarly ensures we get it.
- If you are like me and sometimes use prepositions inappropriately at the end of a sentence, then don’t worry since Grammarly can spot this error and help to eradicate it.
- Grammarly identifies and helps to correct over use of the passive voice in any document.
- Squinted modifiers are a problem for many, but thanks to Grammarly, it can identify them and rearrange the sentence to remove the problem, something other free grammar checks cannot do.
- It is so easy to use Grammarly, yet most Grammarly reviews forget to mention that. The web page is so straightforward hence, no need to scratch your head looking for buttons that do this and that.
What’s not working with grammarly
Grammarly is one of the best spell and grammar checkers in the market now. But just like most of them, it has faults. I don’t mean that it is not worth investing in, but it is good to be aware of what you will have to deal with.
- Grammarly proofreads but it is not as thorough and accurate as a human proofreader. There are suggestions that can mislead especially for nonnative English speakers. If you go through the sentence and find nothing wrong with it, then there is no need to take up Grammarly on their suggestions.
- Many users find the pricing inhibitive. Despite the grammarly baseline offer, the price is too much for some writers especially new ones. However, other spell checker links offer cheaper options.
- Even though you can download a Microsoft word and outlook plugin, there is no way you can work offline. An Internet connection is a must if you plan to use Grammarly.
- If you are working on your content in any other language other than English,